Indian Summer at Featherstone
Introducing Featherstone B&B
423 Cashmere Road, Westmorland, Christchurch, New Zealand
At Featherstone B&B, an idyllic hideaway, you will find friendly and comfortable accommodation in a secluded setting on the gentle slopes of the Port Hills, with views of the city and mountains.
We are on the South West border of the city, so access to picturesque Banks Peninsula is easy for you, and we are a great starting point for your adventures further south. Or come and relax at the end of your holiday in our informal cottage garden. Our two double rooms have private bathrooms, and their own entrances through French doors leading onto deckings, overlooking the garden.
Our generous Continental breakfast will set you up for a day of exploring - preserves and fruit from the garden, muesli, yogurt, toast, teas and coffee - Fairtrade and organic where possible. Free range eggs, and porridge also available. We can tell you our favourite eating places for your evening meal, or bring home a takeaway and it eat in the garden.
Protecting the environmental, and making a clean healthy environment for you, is important to us and our home and property have the following features:
- Our fruit and vegetables largely come from our well-established spray-free garden.
- Composting/mulching supplies are sourced from Demeter/Organic family farms north of the city.
- Our honey is produced in our Organically managed bee hives.
- We use Biodegradable cleaning products within the house, and wood from the property is used for part of our heating requirements.
- We are in the process of installing a rain-water harvesting system.
- Your host, SallyA practising physiotherapist for 35 years, Sally is now focussing on gardening, cooking, Qi Gong, Yoga and screen-printing.Unique artworkFeatherstone showcases limited edition woodblock prints with NZ forest and mountain themes, by Holly Lovell-Smith. Holly produces these on a printing press within the house.
- Hand printed fabrics